Wonderboy Makhubu scored TTM’s only goal.

Win the next two or get fired!


The 1-2 defeat that Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila (TTM) suffered against Uthongathi FC in their NFD League match at the Thohoyandou Stadium last Saturday was a bitter pill to swallow for the management of the team.

According to the club’s marketing manager, Mr Livhuwani Madzuhe, the management of the team summoned the team’s technical staff to a crucial meeting at the Thohoyandou Stadium shortly after the game. Madzuhe stated that it was in that meeting where the technical team, headed by the head coach, Mr Sello Chokoe, was reminded of the mandate they were given at the beginning of the season, securing a place in the promotional playoffs if they failed to gain automatic promotion to the elite league at the end of the season. 

Madzuhe further revealed that, after a lengthy discussion, the management decided to give the technical team a new mandate, that of winning their league matches against Real Kings and TS Galaxy or else it will be the end of their relationship with the club.

One reason that contributed to Vhadau Vha-Damani’s defeat was the inclusion of the inexperienced former Polokwane City duo, Lehlohonolo Nhlalo and Chris Mohale. They were replaced with Vuyani Ntanga and Aluwani Nedzamba in the last half.

The home side were out of touch throughout the game, with the visitors from Durban dictating the terms in all departments. It took Uthongathi 18 minutes to open their account. Athi Sitshwele blasted in a rocket after a scramble within the box.

TTM found the equalizer seven minutes towards the end of the first half through a header by Wonderboy Makhubu. Uthongathi reclaimed the lead in the 76th minute when Philani Gumede, scored with a header after a corner kick by Thepelo Maleka.



Mr Sello Chokoe, head coach of TTM.


To leave a comment you need to login / register first

Read: 521

Date:10 January 2019 - By: Frank Mavhungu

Frank Mavhungu

Frank is a Human Resources Manager at the Department of Public Works in Limpopo. He is the longest serving correspondent of the Mirror, having joined us at the end of 1990.  He mainly writes sports reports and resides at Tsianda Village. In 2004, Frank won the National Castle League Award, an award for the best reporter in the SAB league in South Africa.



You may also be interested in these:



Recent Articles