Tsepo Letsoalo of Tshakhuma (left) and Tony Selowa of Tigers are focused on the high ball.

ABC Motsepe League game abandoned


The ABC Motsepe League game between Tshakhuma Tsha Madzivhandila FC and Boyne Tigers at the Tshifulanani Stadium on Sunday was not played to the finish.

The scoreboard was still blank when the game ended abruptly. The referee, Mr Fhulufhelo Masindi, was forced to blow the final whistle six minutes into the second half. This came after heavy showers, accompanied by strong wind and hail, started to fall in the area.

The game was equally contested from the first whistle, with both sides creating and wasting several scoring opportunities. The only change Madzivhandila made to their starting lineup was when they replaced Ntlamulo Rikhotso with Unarine Kudzingana towards the end of the first half.

In the other ABC Motsepe League matches that were played over the past weekend, Magezi FC beat Joe Maweja 4-0 at the TT Cholo Stadium in Polokwane; Ndengeza FC maintained their unbeaten record by beating Mighty FC 3-0 at the Giyani Stadium; Great North FC beat Ditlou FC 1-0, and in their Polokwane derby, Polokwane United emerged the victors when they overpowered Polokwane Academy 2-0. The newly promoted Baroka FC could not absorb the pressure from Molemole Academy and they suffered a 0-1 defeat.

Madridtas FC registered their first victory when they beat Giyani Hotspurs 2-0.


Unarine Kudzingana of Tshakhuma in action after kicking the ball.


To leave a comment you need to login / register first

Read: 687

Date:12 October 2017 - By: Frank Mavhungu

Frank Mavhungu

Frank is a Human Resources Manager at the Department of Public Works in Limpopo. He is the longest serving correspondent of the Mirror, having joined us at the end of 1990.  He mainly writes sports reports and resides at Tsianda Village. In 2004, Frank won the National Castle League Award, an award for the best reporter in the SAB league in South Africa.



You may also be interested in these:



Recent Articles

Popular Articles