Pastors and family members photographed at the coffins of the two elderly ladies.
Two gogos, Ms Elisa Maraga (67) and the disabled Ms Munaka Mudau (63), who died in a fire a fortnight ago, were buried during an emotional funeral at Madodonga on Saturday.
The fire was apparently caused by a burning candle in the room where the two had slept. They were living in a house that was not electrified. All the belongings of the two gogos were destroyed by the fire.
The sound of hymns was overpowered by weeping and wailing during the first funeral of its kind at the village. “We have accepted what happened, although we know we will never get over it. The pain we experience as a family is more than words can express,” said Mr Lutendo Tshivhula, grandson of both deceased.
Vhamusanda Vho-Ntanganedzeni Kutama said as leader he was forced to make sure that the two elderly ladies were buried with dignity and respect. "Their deaths have touched our hearts and we are united with the family and other stakeholders to make sure that the two receive a dignified burial."
Date:12 July 2019 - By: Kaizer Nengovhela
Kaizer Nengovhela started writing stories for Limpopo Mirror more than a decade ago, in 2 000. Prior to that he had a five year stint at Phala-Phala FM as sports presenter. In 2005 Kaizer received an award from the province's premier as Best Sports Presenter. The same year he was also nominated as Best Sports Reporter by the Makhado Municipality. Kaizer was awarded the Mathatha Tsedu award in 2014.